Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Adventures At The ER

Yesterday was an interesting day! Recovery has been going well at home, until yesterday afternoon when I was hit with a horrible headache. A visit to our local ER, a CT scan, some bloodwork, and consulting with my doctors at the University of Iowa, sent us to Iowa City in the middle of the night as a precaution. All tests looked good (no signs of menegitus, inter-cranial-bleeding, cerebrospinal fluid leak, etc.), and they released me. Mark continues to be my rock, helping navigate the medical world at all hours of the day or night! I slept a lot today, and am almost feeling back to what I was a day or two ago.

Tomorrow I go back to the ophthalmologist - hopefully more good news that my cornea is in good shape and no swelling of the optic nerve.

I am very much looking forward to Thursday. We go back to Iowa City for a check and to have stitches removed. This also means that the ace bandage that has been a permanent fixture on my head can come off! I can't wait for the hair on my head to get somewhat back to normal, and to be able to wash it be myself!

4 comments:

  1. No journey is a straight line, I guess... a few twists and turns along the way... not easy for you, or Mark and the girls, that's for sure! Thursday will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an amazing woman...so glad you have a wonderful husband to lean on.

    Continued prayers...

    emandlivsmom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for that setback :( Here's hoping that
    was an isolated incedent. Good luck
    tomorrow....woohoo! Stitches & ace
    bandage are outta here. Travel safe &
    take HUGE comfort knowing the girls
    are in wonderful hands, as are you.
    We think of you every day. XO
    Margaret, Chris & Da Dogs (they look
    longingly at your house to see
    Delaney. Don't think they'd like Sydney!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you don't have to decifer the
    squiggly letters every time you blog
    because that would give you a
    headache!!! I put in the wrong "word"
    & had to try again...duh. M

    ReplyDelete