Friday, July 2, 2010

One Day At A Time

Another day down! More good news from the eye doc. My cornea looks good, and the inter-cranial swelling seems to be less - all signs of healing! I will go back to see them on Wednesday.

Because of having my eyes dilated again today and being sunny and windy here, I did laps inside the house. Kind of boring, and not the best, but better than nothing. A couple good power naps, too.

My mom says I have a twinkle back in my eye, and looking better and better every day. We took a few photos of the incision this morning - don't think I am ready to post that image just yet! Delaney was curious about my scar and stitches, so she looked at it this morning, and took it in stride - kind of amazing if you ask me!

5 comments:

  1. It's so good to hear from you and your continued possitive attitude always shines through. I haven't talked to your mom but I know she is glad to be with you and busy with the girls. Hi to Bonita! Love, Aunt Martha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news about your eye Kathleen. Laps inside the house do sound boring, but I'm glad you are keeping up with the walking to regain your strength. How is the balance? How cool that Delaney seems to be taking everything in stride. I know your girls are such a positive motivator too! You are doing great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course there is a twinkle in your eye with all of the love and support that you have been receiving. Perhaps you have a future nurse or doctor there in little Delaney. Keep up the walk, rest, healing cycle and you will be into a normal routine before you know it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear things are going better. I'm sure each day will get better.
    Hang in there! Happy 4th to all of you!
    Joni

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy to hear that the twinkle is back... Please let me know if you need anything. Rides to the doctor, groceries, dry cleaning, anything. I know you have the best care in the world down there (Mark) but please call. We are here. Happy 4th! Stephanie & Greg

    ReplyDelete