Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Couldn't have done it without them


My Mom and Red left their home on June 12th, and with the exception of a weekend to visit family in Wisconsin have been here since. We honestly could not have gotten through this time without them. While I was in the hospital, they took care of Delaney and Kinsey. Although Mark and I constantly thought about our girls, we never worried about them. We knew without question that they were lovingly being cared for, and probably being spoiled along the way.

Once I was home, the care continued to helping take care of me. Gentle prodding to stay active, making sure I was OK and taking me to the eye doctor.

Mom and Red basically ran our household. Mom doing almost all the laundry, cooking, shopping, ferrying of the girls to and from school and activities. For those of you who know Red, he is not known for his ability to sit idle. He has found countless projects at our house that needed doing. From golf cart repair to yard work, home maintenance projects and leaky faucets, I am amazed at what he has done. To see both of them with Delaney and Kinsey has been a treat, and I think they have gotten to know both of them in a unique and special way.

I don't even know how to express my gratitude. Giving me time to heal and get stronger was what I needed, and they made sure I had it. They are leaving today. I know they would not have spent this time any where else - I feel lucky every day that they have been willing and able to spend the time here. Fortunate beyond measure that we could all be here together and with such compatibility. I will miss them, and I know Delaney and Kinsey will miss them too. I hope that The Farm has been well cared for and they don't have too much work when they get home.

Thanks for being here. Thanks for loving me and my family. Thank you for everything you have done!

3 comments:

  1. Kathleen and Mark - You are so fortunate to have such a wonderful, loving family. Your Mom and Red sound like very special people....just as you and Mark are!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said, Kathleen! What a beautiful
    picture of a beautiful family ;) You are
    very fortunate to have such selfless,
    caring family to help you in sickness &
    health. XO ~ M&C

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just getting caught up on the blog. You've been on my mind and I'm so glad to hear how well you're doing and how you're progressing, maybe slowly but surely! The time your mom and Red had with the girls is priceless! Such special memories for all of them. Thanks for keeping us posted.
    Enjoy work and take it easy!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete