Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Yeah, But My Wife Rocks More!

I just read the latest blog entry, and wow, what an awesome wife I have! Ok, so it took me two days to finally read what she wrote, but hey, things have been a bit crazy lately. For those of you who are not aware, we announced last week that Wells Fargo Financial - the part of the company I work for, is shutting down, so I will be actively seeking other opportunities in the next few months, hopefully within Wells Fargo. What can I say, when it rains, it pours (hopefully cabernet)!

But let me get back to the issue at hand - Kathleen is the one who continues to amaze me. Each day is different, but she continues to face them with bravery, optimism, and a positive attitude. Lately she has experienced some headaches, and at other times, she is her normal self, laughing, joking with me, and smiling her "half smile" which we are hopeful will return to a full smile soon. The good days seem to be more frequent than the bad days. Her steroid perscription is tapering down, and we are told this will lead to more restful nights of sleep. We are also hoping the swelling and adema will subside so she can drop the pressure bandage. Other than that, not too much to report on the medical side. Now for the really brave part - Kathleen has agreed to let me post a couple pictures as long as no one makes pirate jokes, so here you go. . .

I couldn't resist posting one of the girls as well!
We continue to be blessed with well wishes, prayers, friends stopping by to say "hi", flowers, cookies, fruit bouquets, and a whole parade of dinners. The kindness and support from everyone has been wonderful! Thank You!!!! When this is all over, we are going to throw the biggest bash ever to hit Glen Oaks and you are all invited. We'll see how much damage we can do to the wine cellar in one weekend (I think the current record is about 32 bottles), toast to good health, and celebrate life. ---Mark

7 comments:

  1. Wow. You 2 have so darn much to deal with right now, but you are also so darn lucky to have each other. You both are one of the most inspiring couples I know. I am positive that everything will work out for the best for you on the health and job fronts. As you have already said, you are incredibly blessed.

    Mark - Thanks for posting the photos of Kathleen.

    Kathleen - I love the half smile and the bandage-free hair. How cool that the scar and shaved portion aren't even visible with your hair down. You still look beautiful to me!!! Here's to continued healing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark / Kathleen,

    Wow - just got through reading through all of the posts - you two are amazing. Mark - I never knew you had such writing skills - do I sense a new career as an author? Brooke and I wish / pray for a quick and healthy recovery - please let us know if you two need anything...babysitter, food, or a whooping on the golf course:). All of this really puts life in perspective......

    BTW - adorable daugthers.....

    Jon and Brooke Holste + Madison

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad I checked into the blog this morning for the update. You two are amazing! Kathleen, I think you look lovely (I always look for the inner beauty too and you are blessed with both - remember that)! Let us know when the bash is (sounds like a trip back to Iowa to us!). We will keep you in our prayers and I am sure God's care will continue to be with you thru this time. Hugs to you both,
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris & I are so HAPPY to hear about
    your progress! Having a supportive,
    loving spouse makes a world of
    difference;)
    It's great to see Kathleen & Bonita
    walking the neighborhood. Red's
    lookin' good on his runs, too. Can't wait
    to hear how Mark golfs in the tourny.
    Nice pics...all of "Dr Mark's" beautiful
    girls! XO M & C

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, Kathleen, you are making such good progress. Mark and you are so blessed to have each other. The little ones are gorgeous and you look terrific after your ordeal. I'm still praying for the best possible recovery. God bless you all. MaryElizabeth@DSP

    ReplyDelete
  6. Come on I saw you and Rundall drink 32 bottles playing Uchre one Sunday afternoon....

    Glad all is going well.
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look beautiful Kathleen! What an amazing role model you are for your precious daughters.

    emandlivsmom

    ReplyDelete