Sunday, June 27, 2010

Every time I look over the blog, I find typos, but certainly I should have caught "Sunday Eveing". . . it was in 18 point font! Oh well, one chink in the armor of a rookie blogger is not bad. ;-) We just went for our final walk of the night. They are putting a "moisture chamber" over Kathleen's right eye to protect it. Now that the swelling is going down, her right eye does not close all the way, and we have to put drops in it every hour to keep it moist. Apart from that, the healing is going very well. We are both looking forward to a good night's sleep and some good news tomorrow. Signing off for the night. . . Mark

3 comments:

  1. Home tomorrow...fantastic news! Hope Kathleen has some big, dark shades to protect her eyes during the car ride home ;) You'll be able to thank Delaney for her sweet blog in person. Sounds like she has her own "Wild knigdom" in your yard. Travel safe. M&C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Kathleen Go!!!!! I am so happy that you're doing so well. You have totally rocked this tumor and Mark is now the blogger king!!!! You have been in my thoughts and prayers so much and my family is rooting for you! Especially my Dad. He had the exact same type tumor you did in 1988 and he too lost his hearing nerve but also his facial nerve too. As a child of a brain tumor survivor, my Dad is my hero. And your two beautiful little girls will in time say the same thing about you. You are a remarkable woman and have faced a tough situation with such a positive attitude which I think helps in the healing process. And you are totally rocking this chick!!!!! Take care of yourself and know that you're in my prayers! Sherri Thornton

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good news that you're hopefully heading home Tuesday. Big relief... was getting worried with no posting!
    Jan

    ReplyDelete