Monday, June 28, 2010

Thank you Nicole and the DSP Friends!

As many of you know, Kathleen is really into digital scrapbooking. On Thursday, when I was trying to keep myself occupied not thinking about the surgery, an idea hit me - create a scrap for Kathleen to help her focus on moving forward. Very shortly thereafter, I realized how inept I was at photoshop. Thankfully, several friends of Kathleen's from Digital Scrapbook Place (DSP) were following the blog, so I reached out for help. I wrote the words, and in just 3 short days, Nicole and the DSP crew created a kit of various elements and this wonderful scrap. . .

I think you'll agree with me that this turned out amazingly well. The journaling reads. . . I am Kathleen. I am Brave, I am Tough, I am Strong. I am an awesome Mom, a great Wife, and a wonderful Daughter. There may be a few physical changes, but I will not let what happened change who I am, how I feel, or my attitudes towards life, friends and family. Because I am Kathleen. I Laugh, I Live, I Love, and nothing can ever take that away from me.

8 comments:

  1. OMG !! How special is this ?? You are one amazing lady Kathleen . You have my heart felt prayers winging their way daily from South Africa as well as heaps and heaps of gentle red granny threads to wrap you in and bring you comfort ! Get better soon. Lots of love to you and your amazing family..Kay XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a beautiful page and so very true on all counts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just so beautiful, not just a gorgeous piece of scrapbooking art, but beautifully journalled as well and the whole thing is so special because it was created with love at all levels. Get well soon Kathleen. More magic Granny redthreads foryou and yours. From Jill, Evergreen at DSP

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful and poignant and tugs right at the heart strings.
    Get well soon Kathleen. Love to you and your family from Ineke at DSP

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love you Kathleen and I am praying............

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG....sniff, sniff, sniff. This is so beautiful. I have been out of the loop and totally missed this group effort. What a wonderful tribute to a wonderful friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhh I hope Kathleen loves it! It was such fun to make (I know the designers were excited to help make the kit for Kathleen!) And I had such fun putting together the layout! Kathleen is just such a wonderful person! I can't imagine NOT doing something like this for her! Thank you for the opportunity!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just gorgeous...journaling brought tears to my eyes. Praying for you...

    emandlivsmom

    ReplyDelete