Thursday, June 24, 2010

Great news - Just talked to Dr. Ganz in person. tumor is out. Facial nerve was stretched thin so they had to be really careful. He said it stimulates at .05 at the connection point to the brain (apparently that is good). Kathleen is likely to have some facial weakness for a short while but not likely to have permenant issues - yea!!!!! Dr. Wooson is in the process of taking fat from Kathleen's belly and puting it in the tumor area to prevent complications, then they will close and she will be off to the ICU where I will be able to see her. Just like Kathleen . . . Goes in for a tumor removal and negotiates free lypo suction on the side! Not out of the woods yet, but at least the most tricky part is done. Pray for no complications, a speedy recovery, and quick healing. I'll try to get another update on the blog late tonight if possible, otherwise tomorrow. Thanks to everyone for your thoughts, prayers, and well wishes today. They were a huge help. --- mark

10 comments:

  1. Fabulous news! We knew that she would come through this marathon surgery with a strong finish. Loved your 'tales from the waiting room' that you posted during the day. They work two fold, to keep you busy and to us informed. I'm sure you are anxious to see her!

    Love, Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Meg's words - great news. I am sure you will feel so releived once she is in ICU -- and then a regular room. This must have been one of the longest days of your life. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that things are progressing well; we have been keeping up to speed with the news today. This comes with our best wishes to you all and hope to see you back in the very best of health soon. Coleen and Anthony. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful news indeed, still praying for Kathleen's speedy recovery. God Bless.
    Liz (aka MaryElizabeth)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely wonderful news! I am so thankful that things have gone as well as they have. I will continue to pray for her and for you all as she recovers. Big hugs to you all. Another DET Alumni friend ;)

    Corgi Lover

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great news! Will continue praying for the best possible recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the updates. Must've been the longest day ever for you! Still praying for you all. Am little jealous over the tummy tuck!! As you said...Only Kathleen! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great news Mark! I have been praying for her and your entire family since I found out. I have my family praying too. My family was actually sitting where you are now back in 1988. My dad had the exact same kind of tumor that Kathleen had. I remember just sitting there waiting...waiting...and waiting for the updates. My heart goes out to you and Kathleen. I will continue to pray for you all and I know you've heard this a lot but if there is anything that I can do, please let me know. I know how important our family and friends were when my dad went through this and the recovery period. Please don't hesitate to ask for anything. Thanks for the updates and know there's a lot of prayers going up! Take care, Sherri Thornton

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! I am so happy the surgery went well. I will continue to keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. I really appreciated the updates throughout the day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fabulous news, Mark, you have both been through a lot and now you can rest a little easier. Praying for a speedy recovery now and keeping Kathleen and your family in our thoughts.

    ReplyDelete