Saturday, June 26, 2010

Saturday Evening Update

Just completed walk #5 of 6! They take a lot out of Kathleen, but she is doing great! I don't want to jinx it, but we are declaring victory in the battle of Kathleen vs. nausea. Team nausea was a no show, so it looks like one more step on the road to recovery is complete. Kathleen ate 1/2 a grilled cheese sandwich, some chicken noodle soup, and most of a banana for dinner. It is good to see her appetite coming back and know this will help her regain strength. I don't think she's up for the spicy asian stir fry yet, but maybe we can convince her to try a sandwich tomorrow.

She said, "Maybe I will have the guts to look at my face tomorrow", but I think she should wait until her black eye goes away and some of the swelling subsides. (I have the mirror in teh bathroom covered at the moment). Right now it looks like she went a couple rounds with Rocky Balboa, but she is a fighter and says Rocky is going down in 7th round. Vegas odds have Kathleen at 3 to 1, but I'll take any odds they will give. Betting on Kathleen is always a winner.

Keep those notes and comments coming in the blog, she loves to hear me read them! Just click the word "comments" below this paragraph, scroll to the bottom, and type whatever you want in the box, then hit post (or whatever the button says).

--Mark

10 comments:

  1. Not that I am a betting woman, Mark, as we know one gambler in the family is one too many! BUT, I would bet my money on Kathleen any any and every day to defeat the odds. That is just Kathleen, our girl and she is one of the strongest women we all know and love. Thinking of you...in between baseball and all the families activities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathleen - we have family here from Scotland (who have been following your progress) and toasted a speedy recovery and good health to you (along with Margaret and Chris) at Glen Oaks last evening. We are so pleased to here that you are doing well. It is great to read the updates - well done Mark!! Keep on going Kathleen! Coleen and Anthony

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to hear things are going well. Keep up the great work. The way things are going we'll count on Kathleen to sub for Tyler tomorrow in the state tourney. He's down with a concussion (a spill off the golf cart).
    Prayers for peace and healing,
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathleen, glad to hear you have had a good day. I'd bet on you any day. Sounds like you are in good hands with Mark by your side. Keep up the good work. My prayers are with you.
    Belinda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathleen -- I am so glad to hear of the amazing progress. That grilled cheese sandwich sounds yummy to me -- now I want one. I think every day now will show huge improvement -- I hope you can get home to your girls soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey!

    I don't think my dad knows how to check the blog, but i keep telling him about it and what is being posted. He doesn't bring it up, but I can see his face light up when I tell him how fast you're progressing. I need to teach him how to comment, he was asking me to if i wanted to comment over and over again when we were fixing dinner.

    Amanda :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. GO HAM AND CHEESE!!

    -Alex

    ReplyDelete
  8. Go Kathleen Go!! Dave wants to know....since you are in the University of Iowa Hospital, if you would be getting any visits from the Iowa Football team? An autograph from Kirk Ferentz would be sweet! Take care...hope the last walk tonight goes well for you. Chat with you tomorrow!!
    Love,
    Dave, Joni and kids :O)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to Go Kathleen. Sandwiches and walks... that's amazing for day 2.

    A joke for you:

    A woman went to doctors office where she was seen by one of the new doctors. After about 4 minutes in the examination room, she burst out, screaming as she ran down the hall. An older doctor stopped her and asked what the problem was, and she told him her story.

    After listening, he had her sit down in another room and told her to relax. The older doctor marched down hallway to the back where the first doctor was and demanded, "What's the matter with you? Mrs. Terry is 63 years old, she has four grown children and seven grandchildren, and you told her she was pregnant?"

    The new doctor calmly continued to write on his clipboard and without looking up said, "Does she still have the hiccups?"

    Keep smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My money is on Kathleen any day. You are truly a Wonder Woman. Keep up the great work! I'm praying for good things for you..
    Love You. Lori

    ReplyDelete